How to remove question mark from webmail displayed on Gmail by Validation and Authentication
Hi! It is your man Sammy OJ on another million-dollar Tech Fix Blog post.
Today, I will be helping you resolve how to remove question mark problem you encounter when you send a mail from your webmail account to a gmail account. When the recipient gets your mail, they see a question mark showing that google does not trust your mail host.
This “Question mark” has affected tons of businesses, companies and even government organizations. I too was a victim of this. Even the bible made it known that people suffer for lack of knowledge.
Today marks the end of your question mark problem on your site mails. So, let us dive right in.
I will be discussing the solution in steps:
- This problem can be solved in your Host Control panel. Login to your hosting account.
- Locate and click on Email Deliverability under Email category
- Select the domain whose email is having the question mark problem
- In a new tab, open your Cpanel and search for Zone Editor using the search bar. Click on Zone Editor
- Repeat step 3 and click on Manage
- Create a new TXT Record using the button available.
- Navigate back to the Email Deliverability window (Tab) and Copy the Name and Value for DKIM (You might be ask to generate a key first)
- Navigate to the Zone Editor tab and the Name code and value code in the appropriate field provided (Paste value in Text field).
- Repeat step 6,7,8 for SPF and Reverse DNS (PTR)
- Save all Records and Refresh the page. You can go ahead send mails from your webmail to gmail and it will display question mark. Your webmail has been officially recognized by Google.
- That’s it. Problem solved!
Watch the video below for more guidance: